Salted Egg Yolk Custard / Green Tea and Mochi / Lotus Seed and Salted Egg Yolk
Join us to learn how to make Mooncakes, an iconic pastry in Chinese culture enjoyed with friends and family around Mid-Autumn Festival (it's going to be on September 30th this year!) In addition to traditional style mooncakes, which can be overly sweet and heavy to some, we will also be making mooncakes with some modern twists on flavours and textures, with recipes designed and tested from the ground up by us!
In this class you will learn:
- Traditional Mooncake Pastry and Shortcrust Mooncake Pastry
- Salted Egg Custard Filling (to be made in groups of 3-4 students)
- How to make a white bean paste from scratch (to be made in groups of 3-4 students)
- How to make chewy mochi at home
- How to mould and shape mooncakes using a mooncake mould
- Tips on baking mooncakes to create the perfect shape, colour and shine
Due to the long refrigeration time required for making mooncakes, you will learn how to assemble, shape and bake mooncakes using pre-made pastry and filling. The pastry and filling you make in class will be for you to take home along with a mooncake mould for you to make more at home.
You will bring home:
- Nine mooncakes (three of each flavour) packed in a gift box
- Shortcrust Mooncake Pastry Dough / Salted Egg Custard Filling / Green Tea Mooncake Filling / Mochi
- A mooncake mould with interchangeable plates
On the day of the class, please bring a food safe container and a bag (preferably something insulated thermal bag) to bring home the dough and filling that you make in class