The Mixing Bowl HK complies with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance 1997 (HK) (the Privacy Ordinance).
The Privacy Ordinance contains six Data Protection Principles (the DPPs) which sets out how we should collect, use, store and disclose personal information and how you can access records containing your personal information.
Please be aware that there are inherent risks in transmitting information across the internet.
General information about the Privacy Ordinance or the DPPs can be found on the website of the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data Hong Kong.
Use and disclosure
When making an enquiry or a booking with us, you may provide us with your personal information including (but not limited to) your name, mobile phone number, and email address. The provided personal information will only be used to answer your query or to process your booking, and for promoting the Mixing Bowl HK. As such, when we collect your personal information, we will add it to a mailing list to receive our promotional newsletters, brochures or emails.
Please let us know by email via email@example.com if you do not want your personal information to be added to our mailing list or if you want to unsubscribe to any of our promotion materials.
We do not share the personal information we collect from you with any third parties, such as, Government agencies, private organisations or anyone else, unless one of the following exceptions apply:
- you have consented to the third party disclosure;
- you reasonably expect or have been told that information of that kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or Government agencies;
- it is required or authorised by law;
- it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health;
- the disclosure is reasonably necessary for the law enforcement purposes.
We do not collect personal information about you if you only brown this website. When you browse this website, our server logs the following information for statistical purposes only:
- the type of browser and operating system you are using;
- your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc.);
- the address of the referring site (for example, the previous site that you visited);
- your server’s IP address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the internet, usually one of your service provider’s machine);
- the date and time of your visit; and
- the address of the pages accessed and the documents downloaded.
All of this information is only used for the purposes of statistical analysis, system administration, monitoring of our website security, customisation of our website to users needs including (but not limited to) evaluation, research and development. No attempt will be made to identify users of their browsing activities, except in the unlikely event of an investigation, such as, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant or subpoena. Information of this nature will only be disclosed to third parties if required or authorised by law.
A cookie is an electronic token that is passed to your browser and your browser passes it back to the server whenever a page is sent to you.
Our server generates one cookie that is used to keep track of the pages you have accessed while using our server. The cookie allows you to page back and forward through our website and return to pages you have already visited. The cookie exists only for the time you are accepting our server.
Please note that some browsers can be configured to allow cookies to be accessed by servers other than the originating servicer. Most browsers can also be configured to notify the user when a cookie is received, allowing you to either accept or reject it. You do not need to have configured your browser to enable the accepting or sending of cookies in order to use our website.
Our website contains links to other sites and uses social media sites, for example, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. These other sites may use web measurement tools, customisation technologies and persistent cookies to inform the service that they provide to their users.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the contents of other sites.