In this class you will make:
Pork & Cabbage Bao / Custard Bao
A new version of our Bao class, level up your Bao making skill by learning how to add a filling inside a Bao bun. In this class you will make two Dim Sum classics, Pork and Cabbage Bao and Custard Bao (coloured black with charcoal powder). Flavourful savoury and sweet fillings wrapped in a light fluffy Bao bun, the ultimate Chinese style comfort food!
You will learn:
- A recipe that will yield light, soft and smooth steamed buns
- Tips on hand kneading and fermentation of the dough
- How to make a pork and cabbage filling (vegetarian alternative available, please notify us when making a booking)
- How to make a salted egg yolk custard filling
- How to wrap the Bao dough around a filling, including pleating techniques
- How to cook the Bao buns
You will bring home FOUR of each type of bao buns. Please note that the buns are best eaten fresh or within the day they are made, make sure you come with an appetite!