Traditional Cantonese Style Mooncake / Custard Mooncake
Mooncakes are traditional baked desserts eaten around Mid-Autumn Festival every year. A mooncake consists of a rich and thick filling wrapped in a thin pastry baked to a golden brown finish. Join us to make some mooncakes to enjoy with family and friends this Mid-Autumn Festival!
In this class you will learn:
- Traditional dark chewy pastry (by demonstration)
- Preparing salted egg yolks and lotus seed paste
- Short curst pastry
- Making a custard mooncake filling
- Assembling and moulding a mooncake
- Tips on baking the mooncake to a shiny golden finish
You will take home FOUR Traditional Cantonese Style Mooncakes and FOUR Custard Mooncakes, packaged in a paper gift box, as well as a mooncake mould for you to make more mooncakes at home!
- Sep 30 19:00(Full)