Pâte Brisée/Hazelnut & Chocolate Crème Patisserie/Choux/Caramel/Crème Chantilly
Wearing the name of the patron of the French patissiers, Gateau St. Honoré is a fabled cake that has its history – it’s recipe is said to be almost two centuries old!
In this class, we will deconstruct the saint honoré to learn the different components of this decadent dessert.
In expanding your baking repertoire, we will cover:
1. Preparing a pâte brisée
2. Crafting candy/caramelize nuts and a hazelnut paste
3. Learning tips and tricks to flavour crème patisserie
4. Creating hazelnut and chocolate crème patisserie
5. Baking a classic choux pastry that can be used to make cream puffs, profiteroles, éclairs, croquettes
6. Making caramel (and how to prevent it from crystalizing)
7. Whipping up the perfect crème chantilly
8. Piping using a saint-honoré piping nozzle
After mastering these arts of baking, you will finally assemble your very own 6” delicate saint honoré gateau — a proper Parisian delicacy and comfort food to share with your family and friends!