Cream Puffs / Eclaires / Creme Diplomat
Join this class to unlock an essential skill for all keen bakers - Choux Pastry.
Choux Pastry (Pâte à Choux) is a light and delicate pastry, it's a staple in French baking and used in many popular desserts. The process of making Choux Pastry requires some elbow grease, but it's a lot of fun with delicious rewards at the end. Join In this class you will learn:
- a tried and tested Choux Pastry recipe
- How to pipe the Choux Pastry dough to make cream filled Choux buns (Cream Puffs) and Eclairs
- How to make a 'Craqueline' dough (a crsipy crust on top of the Choux buns)
- How to make a Creme Diplomat filling
- How to decorate eclairs with pastry fondant
You will take home 10-12 Choux Buns, 4 Elcairs. Please note that cream puffs and eclairs are best eaten when freshly baked and freshly filled, we recommend you take home the unfilled Choux buns and eclairs for assembling at home.