Gua Bao / Scallion Bao / Man Tao
Learn how to make Bao, a steamed bun that is a Chinese cuisine staple and a much loved food trend in recent years! We will be firing up our steamers instead of our ovens in this class. You learn:
- A recipe that will yield light, soft and smooth steamed buns
- Tips on hand kneading and fermentation of the dough
- Different ways to shape the steamed buns
- Tips on how to set up a steamer at home
- A delicious mushroom and tofu filling to eat with the baos
You will bring home two of each type of bao. Please note that the buns are best eaten fresh or within the day there are made, make sure you come with an appetite!